General EU websites:
- EU general website: https://europa.eu/
- European Commission website: https://ec.europa.eu/
- Europe Direct: https://europa.eu/european-union/contact/europe-direct-answering-your-questions-about-eu_en
- The Europe Direct Contact Centre answers questions from the public about the European Union, either via phone or e-mail.
- Your Europe: https://europa.eu/youreurope/#en
- Your Europe is a website providing clear and practical answers on a wide range of issues, both for citizens (travel, work, retirement, health, etc.) and for businesses (intellectual property, taxes, contracts, product requirements, etc.)
Maritime affairs websites:
- Maritime Affairs section within European Commission website: https://ec.europa.eu/maritimeaffairs/
Useful websites for businesses:
- Access2Markets: https://trade.ec.europa.eu/access-to-markets/
- The Access2Markets online portal offers companies information on exporting and importing to and from 120 countries, both within and outside the EU. Users must select a specific product and the countries of origin and destination. The portal then displays information on tariffs, taxes, trade barriers, customs procedures, rules of origin, product requirements and relevant rade statistics.
- Enterprise Europe Network: https://een.ec.europa.eu/
- This is a tool aimed at helping companies (especially SMEs) grow internationally and innovate. The network is available in over 60 countries and is made up of 3000 experts coming from over 600 organisations (such as technology poles, innovation support organisations, universities and research institutes, regional development organisations, and chambers of commerce and industry).
- Companies can look up which of these organisations are present in their area, and seek support from their experts, who will offer free personalised business services. Companies can receive advice on growing internatioanlly (e.g. funding sources, exporting, EU standards, protecting intellectual property abroad) and advice on innovating (e.g. innovation-related policies, relevant funding programmes, innovation strategy, intellectual property rights, innovation brokerage services). Companies can also search for opportunities for international partnerships with other companies.
- Enterprise Europe Network is structured in several sector groups, including the Maritime Industry and Services group. Their Maritime Newsletter can be found here.
- BlueInvest information: https://webgate.ec.europa.eu/maritimeforum/en/frontpage/1451
- BlueInvest, an element of the European Maritime and Fisheries Fund, aims to boost innovation and investment in sustainable technologies for the blue economy, by supporting readiness and access to finance for early-stage businesses, SMEs and scale-ups.
- Guide on EU funding for tourism: https://ec.europa.eu/growth/sectors/tourism/funding-guide_en
- This online guide highlights a wide range of funding programmes for the tourism sector, financed by the Multiannual Financial Framework 2021-2027 and Next Generation EU.
- Companies can consult the website to identify if they are eligible, what actions can receive funding, what funding is available, get familiar with the online documentation, find partners and submit their proposals.
- Access to finance: https://europa.eu/youreurope/business/finance-funding/getting-funding/access-finance/
- This website helps to apply for loans and venture capital supported by the European Union.
- Businesses can select European Member States on the interactive map and see what funding is available in each country.