Junior European Affairs Officer
Based in Brussels (Belgium) in the heart of the EU quarter, European Boating Industry represents the interests of the European leisure marine industry and its members.
Active on multiple levels, European Boating Industry provides policy intelligence and analysis of EU legislative proposals and initiatives to its members. It is also a source of expertise both for the industry and the policy-makers, whether at EU or national levels.
More information on http://www.europeanboatingindustry.eu/
Tasks of the European Affairs Officer
The European Affairs Officer will work on the instructions of the Secretary General. In particular, his/her tasks will include:
- Helping in the application to EU funded projects and to project coordination (activities and dissemination)
- Supporting the Secretary General: EU affairs (monitoring, drafting informative notes and positions), communication (press release, newsletter, website), preparation of meetings and conference organisation both in Belgium and abroad
The requirements of the applicant
We wish to appoint a candidate with above-average motivation and commitment, who is interested in a long-term cooperation. We regard the ability to work in a small team, in a confident and autonomous manner as well as networking skills as a prerequisite.
As an applicant you should satisfy the following:
- Relevant University degree;
- Capacity of contributing to the development of cross-border projects within the European leisure marine industry. Experience in EU projects management is desirable;
- Knowledge of foreign languages (business and contract-fluent spoken and written English, good knowledge of a further EU official language);
- Knowledge of the leisure marine industry is desirable, however, not a condition.
What we offer
We offer a stimulating and international working environment. This is an entry-level position, ideal for a motivated candidate willing to get his/her hands on EU Affairs. The position is full-time with a competitive remuneration package.